Dry Drayton Church of England Primary School
Dry Drayton CE (c) Primary School is a small Church of England Primary School for children aged between 4 and 11. It is situated within 5 miles of Cambridge in an area surrounded by open fields and farmland. About half of its pupils live in the village of Dry Drayton, while others travel to the School from Girton, Bar Hill, Cambourne or other nearby villages.
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
- The School prides itself on being effective, happy and high-achieving. This has been validated by the Schools Ofsted inspection.
- The School nurtures children to achieve beyond expectation. Individual expression is valued, building confidence and ability.
- Year groups have a maximum of 10 children. Class sizes average between 15 and 20 giving excellent pupil/staff ratios.
- The syllabus is enriched by concerts, entertainers, workshops and trips to add meaning to and complement school work.
- Children are taught according to their strengths and needs rather than their age. There is a significant amount of individual teaching.
- Friendships are often formed between children who share the same interests. Pupils are not socially restricted to their own age or year group.
- The School values its Church of England status. Care, consideration and the Schools aims are supported and reinforced by the beliefs of the Church. The School also encourages the understanding of other religions and beliefs.
- The Village itself is a natural laboratory where children in every class study the environment, local history and architecture and plant and animal life. Village walks are often taken with the children to examine and appreciate these aspects.
- The School is a focal point of the village and is supported by the active School & Village Association, a charitable organisation run by a combination of parents and villagers to raise funds for school and village causes.
- There is an on-site After School Club and Pre-school.
- Ofsted quotes: Pupils achieve results which are above national averages. Standards have improved at a rate greater than the national trend over the last five years. In the juniors, standards of writing are exceptionally high and pupils write very mature poetry and prose. Lessons are well organised, engaging and, occasionally, inspirational.
- The School has excellent links with both Impington Village College, which provides French lessons at Dry Drayton from age 7, and Comberton Village College, which provides Mathematics lessons for the Gifted and Talented pupils and IT support.
For further information, please follow this link to the School's website: www.drydrayton.cambs.sch.uk
To Contact the School - Dry Drayton Primary School, Park Street, Dry Drayton, Cambridge, CB3 8DA. Tel. 01954 780618, Fax 01954 780618.